This practice appears to be one of the main directions of the firm.
Our highly qualified patent attorneys with experience gained during more than 30 years activity in the I.P. field provide the full range of services related to obtaining, maintaining and protection of all the types of intellectual property on the territory Russia and abroad including inventions, utility models, industrial designs, selective achievements, trade and service marks, appellations of origins, firm/company names as well as copyrights and neighboring rights (in literary, musical and artistic works in films and records, etc.), computer software, data bases, topology of integrated circuits and domain names.
In case of violation of intellectual property rights, the firm’s specialists represent the interests of the right holders both as plaintiffs and as defendants in the courts of general jurisdiction, arbitration courts, and in the court on intellectual property rights.
- Obtaining and protecting rights to intellectual property;
- Preliminary analysis of intended for registration/patenting innovations to determine their patentability potential and the most effective form of protection;
- Search and analysis of found documents to reveal the prior art level;
- Drafting of applications and other necessary documents for obtaining state registration of rights to an intellectual property for filing with the Federal executive authority on intellectual property (Federal Service for Intellectual Property of Russia) and Patent Offices of foreign states and regional Patent Offices;
- Drafting of international applications for submission to the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), including applications for the international registration of trademarks under the procedure of the Madrid Agreement and the Protocol, applications for patenting under the PCT (Patent Cooperation Treaty);
- Protection of trademarks in the European Union;
- Competent proceeding at all the steps of the Patent Office examination process: commenting on examiners’ inquiries, preparing reasoned responses etc.;
- Maintaining of granted rights (patents, registration certificates);
- Preparing and registration of documents on assigning/ licensing of I.P. rights with patent offices;
- Representing Client’s interests in case of contesting of the Patent Office decisions, preparing oppositions/responses to opposition, written requests to the Chamber of Patent Disputes, participation in oral hearings etc;
- Consultations on legal issues between authors (inventors), employers and third parties;
- Preparing expert opinions on whether the fact of patent /registration violation takes place, on identity, similarity, protectability of trade marks etc;
- Conducting all types of patent examinations, including patent purity, novelty, prior art, etc.;
- Legal assistance in introduction of modifications on trademarks, appellation of origin, copyright and related rights in the Register of Intellectual Property Objects of the Federal Customs Service of the Russian Federation;
- Representation of interests in the procedure for resolving domain disputes UDRP (Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy);
- Legal support for the registration and deposit of copyrighted objects with a notary, in public organizations, as well as in the Russian Authors’ Society;
- Drafting and registration of license agreements; contracts on the alienation of the exclusive right; contracts of pledge of rights to the results of intellectual activity;
- Drafting and legal examination of contracts on commercial concession;
- Registration of computer programs and databases;
- Representation of interests in the courts of general jurisdiction, arbitration courts, in the court on intellectual rights (including on the issues of challenging the decisions of Federal Service for Intellectual Property of Russia, challenging the early termination of the legal protection of trademarks), as well as legal support in criminal cases on disputes related to intellectual property;
- Advising on the patenting of the business method in jurisdictions which provide for the possibility of patenting the methods of doing business;
- Services for translation of patent documentation.