Reputation plays an important role in doing business, interaction with partners and in the private life of every person. Defective information published in the press, sounded in broadcast media, distributed via the Internet or communicated in writing or orally can complicate both private and business life. That is why the honor and dignity of an individual, as well as the business reputation of a company often require protection.
In case of dissemination of defamatory information, the affected party is entitled to demand refutation of such information, removal it from the network and suspension of distribution of physical storage media on which such information is contained, as well as demand of a compensation for non-pecuniary damage.
In this category of cases the process of proving involves certain difficulties, since the subject of the dispute is on the verge of the right to freedom of speech and the right to defend honor, dignity and business reputation.
Specialists of the firm have a great experience in managing this category of cases, not only in the framework of civil, but also in criminal proceedings.
Legal analysis of defamatory publications and conflict situations for compliance with the law on protection of honor, dignity and business reputation;
- Legal support at the pre-trial stage of the dispute, including the negotiation of an amicable agreement;
- Monitoring and analysis of publications on the prospects of applying of legal measures to protect honor, dignity and business reputation;
- Recovery of compensation for non-pecuniary damage, recovery of damages;
- Representation of the client’s interests in the Federal Antimonopoly Service of the Russian Federation in cases of unfair competition and the dissemination of advertising that causes damage to business reputation;
- Representation of the client’s interests in libel cases in law enforcement authorities;
- Interaction with the mass media, including the demand to publish a response and a reputation of the defamatory information in the manner prescribed by the Federal Law of the Russian Federation “On the Mass Media”.