The right to health is a fundamental human right on an equal basis with the right to life or personal inviolability and is recognized at both the international and national levels. The Russian Constitution guarantees the right of everyone to health care and medical care.
The relatively new for Russia branch of medical law is one of the most important areas in the legislation. It protects patients and provides them with an opportunity of bringing a medical organization to pecuniary liability or a doctor to criminal liability (in cases stipulated by the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation) or to use the mechanism for restoring the violated rights provided for by the consumer protection legislation of the Russian Federation. Specialists of the firm represent client’s interests in medical disputes, both at the pretrial stage of its settlement, as well as at the stage of the trial, including disputes with the participation of law enforcement agencies.
- Conducting disputes arising out of damage to the patient’s life and health by medical institutions;
- Protection in case of poor provision of medical services or denial of medical care;
- Advising on the protection of personal data (including drafting of documents for the protection of patient’s personal data, interaction with the Federal Service for Supervision in the Sphere of Communications, Information Technologies and Mass Communications, representation of client’s interests in disputes arising out of violation of legislation in the field of personal data);
- Legal assistance in bringing a manufacturer to responsibility for the quality of manufactured medical equipment, goods and medicines;
- Conducting disputes connected with bringing medical institutions to responsibility for causing death to a patient through negligence;
- Criminal defense of medical officers;
- Conducting disputes arising out of the negligence of medical officers;
- Legal support of the medical institutions’ activities, including support in their relations with employees;
- Interaction with bodies issuing medical licenses.