The subdivision of the “Culture and Art” (Art Law) direction into the separate independent practice is connected with the specifics of the industry, the accumulated unique experience of the firm in this field as well as with the increased demand both on the part of the Russian and foreign clients.
Independent practice “Culture and Art” (Art Law) is a new milestone for the Russian legal market.
The head of the practice is Matvey Levant, the managing partner of the law firm, founder of the “Levant Art Gallery”. This fact demonstrates the importance of the practice and its special place in services provided by the firm.
- Legal support of galleries, vernissages, exhibitions, advising on the issues of exposing;
- Support of the transactions with works of art and Antiques, ensuring of the authenticity and evaluation expertise, provenance checking, verification of issued attributions, proof of legality of the possession;
- Ensuring of the inspectation, evaluation and systematization of the collection, preparation of the collection for sale by one lot;
- Organization of auctions, legal support of participation in auctions;
- Advising on the import and export of cultural properties;
- Protection of clients’ interests in litigation related to the turnover of works of art;
- Legal assistance in the return of stolen piecies of art; participation in the investigations of theft, sale of fakes, other crimes related to works of art.